Thursday, May 12, 2016

                                                               On Writing

I started this blog to write reviews of the books I read, and to write posts about books and reading in general, and as I look over my reviews they seem so stilted and amateurish.  I have loved to read since I was a young teenager, and always thought I would be able to write.  Because of things that happened during those younger years I really never got the education in English that I really needed and wanted.  I know I could study it on my own, but honestly I never really thought about it.  Until now.  Now I want to be able to write coherent and interesting reviews.  Unfortunately I can't seem to get down what I think and feel.  Maybe I am just out of practice, and worried about what people will think when they read what I have written.  I know it's not like I am trying to write the great American novel lol, but I do want my writing to be easy to read.  I will carry on and continue what I am doing, hoping that I will get better at it.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment