Friday, April 29, 2016






All I can say about this book is WOW, what a ride.  I have never read anything quite like this.  This is a book about mental illness from the perspective of the mentally ill character.  It was perplexing at times, but it  really showed the descent into his psychotic episode, where the real world was somehow mixed up with his delusions.  As time went by you start to see where the real world and the people around him were all a part of his delusion, as he starts to react more with the people around him in the facility his parents take him for help.  It is almost like his is coming up for air and starting to see clearly as the medication and therapy starts working.

This book helped me see what a person with schizophrenia goes through and how debilitating  it
is.  And even in the end when Caden leaves the facility he realizes he could fall back into the
same hole again.  The Captain is waiting for him.

I never have liked books about ships, which is Cadens delusion, but I found the writing was smooth, and pulled me into the story.   All in all I would recommend this book and gave it 4 stars on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment