Tuesday, April 26, 2016



I just finished this book last night and wanted to post a short review.  I usually love novels and non fiction books that feature books and reading, and that's why I decided to pick up this book.  I am not really into reading about people with terminal illness, but this really piqued my interest.  I so enjoyed reading this.  This is a book about a mother that is dying from pancreatic cancer, and her son.  They both love reading, so they decide to have a 2 person book club to discuss the books they read while she is having treatments.  The books they decide to read, and how they felt about them, has a lot to do
with the mothers pending death.

This book really touched me.  The writing was wonderful.  It was literary without sounding pretentious.  It really made me want to read more literary fiction, and also to do more.  I'm not sure what 'more' is right now, but I felt a tug to make more of my life.  So this one is a winner for me and in Goodreads I gave it 5 stars.  I am sure this will be in my list of favorites for 2016, if not my number one favorite for the year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment